- The San Jose Zoo has a program for seniors to help them stay active.
- Terminally ill patients have to wait until at least April to use California’s new assisted-death law.
- For low-wage workers, even an affordable health plan can seem out of reach.
- Those from certain racial groups and who are low-income spend more time finding a doctor.
- An L.A. clinic will provide free mental health and medical care to the underserved.
- Why cancer outcomes vary by socioeconomic status.
- For people with disabilities, cooking is an exercise in problem solving.
- A survey of Sonoma County farmworkers shows that most aren’t migrants.
When schools buy more local food, students waste less.
California is the first in the nation to have guidelines for inmates who want sex reassignment surgery.
- About 29% of juvenile felony arrests were for violent crimes in 2014. See the Kids Data graphic on our homepage.